My friend from work, Kristen, is moving from Long Island to Portland, OR. I am joining her for much of her cross country drive.
Driving across the country with someone is a big commitment. Somehow, we agreed that we could handle each other. On the surface, we appear to be very different. Kristen went to art school and is a "real" photographer, for one. I haven't felt particularly artistic since my elementary school art shows. She lived in Brooklyn for awhile and loved it. I enjoy calling her "crunchy," and she doesn't fight it. While I am not overly conservative, I like living a fairly standard suburban life, I don't like camping outdoors, and I eat animals.
What we have in common (among other things) is the possession of a few tendencies to want control and structure. But we also share the ability to go with the flow in a variety of circumstances. Country roads, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment